Why Hire An NKBA Certified Designer?
- Has demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in kitchen and bath design, as well as construction, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems
- Adheres to a strict Code of Professional Conduct
- Is an expert in the NKBA Kitchen & Bath Planning Guidelines & Access Standards, which recognizes the importance of consumer health, safety and welfare in kitchen and bath design
- Is a member of the NKBA, the kitchen and bath industry’s leading professional organization that provides them with the training and tools needed to succeed
- Is skilled at assessing consumers’ individual needs and wants and creating designs that meet and exceed these requirements
- Remains current on local building codes, safety and environmental regulations and the wealth of new products and equipment on the market
AKBD® – An Associate Kitchen and Bath Designer is a certified professional with a minimum of 2 years of kitchen/bath industry experience – they are knowledgeable in product selection, space planning, materials, and finishes. An AKBD must meet specific educational requirements, as well as pass a comprehensive academic exam.
CKD® – Certified Kitchen Designers have a minimum of 7 years experience designing residential kitchen spaces. They are highly skilled in design, space planning and product selection and have extensive knowledge of building codes, flooring materials, appliances, and mechanical systems. They write specifications and draw plans that are easily interpreted by plumbers, electricians, and installers. A CKD must meet specific educational requirements and pass a comprehensive academic and practical exam.
CBD® – Certified Bathroom Designers also have a minimum of 7 years experience designing residential bathroom spaces – they are highly skilled in design, space planning, and product selection, and have extensive knowledge of building codes, fixtures, flooring materials, and mechanical/plumbing systems. They write specifications and draw plans that are easily interpreted by plumbers, electricians, and installers. A CBD must meet specific educational requirements, as well as pass a comprehensive academic and practical exam.
CMKBD® – A Certified Master Kitchen and Bath Designer is a designer who has obtained both CKD and CBD certification, has over 10 years of kitchen /bath industry experience, and has been nationally recognized through design competitions, industry awards, printed publications, or television spots. A CMKBD must also meet specific educational requirements.
When hiring a professional to work on your dream kitchen or bath, be sure to look for the NKBA certified or member logo.